The Giorgi Companies, Inc. is a diversified consumer products company with approximately 2,000 employees. Giorgi Mushroom in Blandon is seeking a farm manager who is hands-on leader and mentor who will oversee day to day operations. This position has leadership responsibility of the company’s operations and plays a critical role in strategic planning to guide the future growth and development of the company’s results and team!
• Ensures integration of safety, food safety and quality into every facet of all activities.
• Continually monitor productivity, efficiencies and quality to ensure requirements are being met and maintained.
• Implement continuous improvement processes to improve efficiencies, yields, safety, and quality.
• Oversee daily operations for the entire facility.
• Provide direct management of key functional personnel on the farm.
• Assess and train employees on production processes.
• Supervise and monitor the execution of all production activities. Ensure highest quality of handling, processing and storage materials.
• Manage production schedules, work instructions and production inventories.
• Manage outbound shipments of orders and inbound shipments of materials.
• Oversee highest standard food safety protocols.
• Manage production schedules and priorities for production of goods, including resource requirements based on production volume.
• Resolve operational and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
• Understand and provide leadership support for a high-end safety and secure environment.
• Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
• Assess equipment operating reliability and ensure routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting are being performed.
• Manage compliance with state and federal regulations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.