Quality Assurance Inspector
Giorgio Foods has an opportunity for an individual in our Quality Department on 1st shift. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in demonstrating attention to detailed with the ability to maintain document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner. Conduct and document process and system audits using written procedures and audit standards. Perform inspections, checks and test on various components and finished products based on SOP’s. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Ensure the line and employees are equipped and prepared prior to the start of production including, aware of production schedule, equipment is clean, and employees are appropriately attired. Conduct regular production line inspections to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Conduct formal pre-operational inspections
- Conduct various quality checks including but not limited to product weight, product temperature, equipment settings/functionality, chemical concentration, and label/code accuracy
- Ensure temperature recording charts are functional
- Calibrate equipment and/or verify equipment calibration including but not limited to scales and thermometers
- Complete and submit paperwork as necessary for all tasks using appropriate documentation techniques
- Utilize appropriate escalation process to inform QA and production supervisors/managers when issues arise
- Place product on hold when necessary
We offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, Short Term Disability
- 401k – 100% match first 3% – 50% match up to 5%
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Holiday Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Paid Vacation – Paid Personal Day(s)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Wellness incentives