HVAC Technician – Gaspari Farms
The Giorgi Companies, Inc. is a diversified consumer products company with approximately 2,000 employees. We have an opportunity at our Gaspari Farms location for a talented, hard working individual who wants to be a part of an amazing team.
This position has a focus on maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial HVAC and Refrigeration systems. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and repair equipment with minimal use of third party vendors.
- Serves as the HVAC Maintenance Mechanic by installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC and Refrigeration systems.
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules either in-house or by a vendor and must maintain files on all equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Will resolve air balancing problems. Work with vendors who provide capital construction, maintenance and other services.
- Interface with contractors, technicians, in-house customers in professional manner
- Respond immediately to emergency situations Procure material/parts in a timely manner and setup and maintain spare parts inventory.
- HVAC skills, including performing preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, replacing various components, compressors, motors, and repairing refrigerant leaks
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls, both pneumatic and low voltage is highly recommended.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both orally and written.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, carpentry and plumbing.
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, etc..
- Able to work on roofs of buildings
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
Minimum Required Education / Experience:
- Trades school degree or high school diploma or equivalent
- Universal EPA license required
- Factory training / experience working with chiller systems (Carrier, Trane etc)
We offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits.