Bilingual Wharf Supervisors – Berks County Farms
Managerial experience, valid PA DL. Looking to fill two positions: GMC Wharf and Ontelaunee Farms Wharf (OFI)
Bilingual candidates are encourages to apply.
Wharf Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Cost management
- Capital work project identification, project submission and management
- Material receiving, compost formulation and process control
- Application of composting biology to process
- In-House Quality Control lab
- Equipment operation, maintenance, programming
- Composting operations: pre-conditioning, prewetting, bunkers, windrows, turning
- Environmental compliance
- Other duties may be required
The Ontelaunee Farms Inc. (OFI) facility is the largest of the GMC composting operations, composting agricultural waste streams to produce a highly selective composted substrate for our mushroom growing business. OFI prepares the casing (peat moss mixture) used throughout the GMC growing operations. OFI also has its own In-House Maintenance operation and a quality control laboratory.